Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Review: Hood

Hood Hood by Evan Pickering
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ok, I received the audiobook version of this book and figured it would be a quick read. Not so much. I found it hard to enter the world created in this book, and even harder to understand exactly where the characters were coming from, much less realize what was going on for the most part. I am honestly writing this review to have this book removed from my current reading list...

I received this book quite some time ago, started it, stopped...returned to it, stopped again...I just couldn't latch onto what was going on in this book. That being said, you should keep in mind the fact that fantasy and mystery are usually the books I read most often, so even though I usually enjoy most dystopian books, this one was not for me.

That being said...if you are a fan of rather realistic dystopian type novels with a military edge/flavor, then you will probably enjoy reading this book. As you can see, I still haven't been able to finish it. It took me months to get halfway through it, and I'm still not sure I can finish it at this point. Only time will tell. Just expect the characters in this book to have a very 'real' flavor, and the full range of language and profanity that goes along with that in a time of crisis.

View all my reviews

No comments: