Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Review: Captain of the Monte Cristo: a space opera retelling of the classic tale

Captain of the Monte Cristo: a space opera retelling of the classic tale Captain of the Monte Cristo: a space opera retelling of the classic tale by Sarah K. L. Wilson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed reading this book. I love retellings of classic stories and fairy tales, and this one is no exception. It is easy to fall into sync with the characters in this story (whether you have read the actual classic story it's based on or not), and find yourself placed in their shoes as this story progresses. Since this story is being retold in an enhanced sci-fi/space-oriented setting, it may be easier for individuals that enjoy reading space based fiction to fall into this retelling at a quicker pace, but I think it is an enjoyable read for anyone to pick up and get started on, no matter where they may be starting from.

View all my reviews

No comments: